NordVPN is one of the most popular VPN software, among others. VPNs help us achieve privacy, unfiltered Internet, and overcome geographical restrictions. It’s a highly rated VPN, owned by Tefincom & Co., for varied platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, and much more.
While using a VPN, it is common to experience connectivity issues and which is normal. But if such issues persist, there is a need for some solutions that can help you fix the same. Today we are going to discuss some methods to fix NordVPN, not connecting issues.
Page Contents [show]
Causes NordVPN App Not Connecting
This NordVPN not connecting issue can be caused due to the following reasons.
- Corrupted adapters.
- Conflicting software.
- Misconfigured network configurations.
- And much more.
How can I fix NordVPN, not connecting issues?
Follow these methods to fix the NordVPN, not connecting issues.
Method 1: Restart TAP Adapter
Reinstall NordVPN to restart the TAP Adapter, and here’s how you can thoroughly uninstall NordVPN with Uninstaller Pro 12 and then reinstall the VPN client package.
- On the Advanced Uninstaller Pro webpage, tap the button Try for free.
- Next, install the app.
- Now launch the software and click General Tools > Uninstall programs.
- On uninstall programs, choose NordVPN software.
- Then tap the uninstall button.
- On the dialogue box window, click use the leftover scanner option.
- Click Yes to uninstall NordVPN.
- A window will open, displaying a list of leftover files and registry entries.
- Click Next to erase them. Reboot system
- Finally, download NordVPN from the official download page.
Method 2: Check NordVPN Account
On the NordVPN website, click My Account and check if the account is still active. Enter login credentials and open account dashboard. Check the expiry date of your VPN expiration, and if expired, contact VPN support to renew the subscription.
Recommended: How To Solve NordVPN Failed To Connect Error
Method 3: Reinstall NordVPN
When none of the above methods works out for you, reinstall NordVPN to fix the issue. Follow these steps to do so.
- At first, right-click Start button and tap Run.
- In the text-box, type firewall.cpl, and press OK.
- To open further settings, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Choose both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options and tap OK.
Method 4: Try alternative NordVPN servers
It is another method of fixing NordVPN, not connecting. They provide thousands of servers to choose from. You can select an alternate VPN server within a country on the NordVPN map. Within VPN’s window, click Countries to select the server to connect.
It is quite challenging to jot down the exact reason behind the issue of NordVPN not connecting. We have mentioned some easy methods that you can use to fix the stated issue. We hope these methods work out for you.